If weeds have spread through your beautiful garden, choose About NQ Mowing Garden Care. Our team services homes, businesses and body corporate properties throughout Townsville. With many years of experience in the garden maintenance business, you can trust us to get the job done fast, without damaging the surrounding plants.
We provide the following weed control services:
• Hand weeding
• Herbicide application
• Select weed spraying
• Weed control within lawns
Leave the weeding to the experts, call today
for a free quote.
Although there is a great deal of weed varieties almost all of them have the ability to take over other plants by slowly draining them of their water, nutrients and sometimes even direct light.
Some of the most common weeds we see, and can control, include:
There are a number of simple things you can do to keep your garden weed free.
Here are our 5 top tips:
- Moisten the soil Spray some water on the soil underneath your weeds. This will help loosen the area around the root system, so you can pull the whole weed easily—not just the leaves and stem.
- Remove the weed before it flowers We always recommend removing weeds as soon as they appear. This will prevent future generations from germinating and spreading throughout the yard. While removing the weed ensure you take the whole plant from root to head.
- Dispose of the weed properly Make sure you place the weeds in a bucket while removing them, paying careful attention to any seeds that have detached or fallen on your grass. Be sure to remove these seeds to prevent future weeds.
- Mow the lawn Regular mowing will remove the heads from any weeds and prevent them from spreading.
- Use a top soil or mulch After removing any weeds you should cover the area with a top soil or plant over the top to avoid new weeds from sprouting. Using top soil or mulch will cut off the light source that weed seedlings need to grow.